Hana Engineers and Consultants, LLC, a small, minority-owned environmental and geotechnical firm with an office in North Charleston, has been certified as a Disadvantaged Business Enterprise by the S.C. Division of Small and Minority Business Contracting and Certification.
The certification is a program of the U.S. Department of Transportation that is intended to increase the participation of certified firms in projects funded by the U.S. Department of Transportation and other federal sectors. Projects typically include heavy construction, such as designing and building roads, bridges, tunnels, railroads, ports, and airports.
Hana has been certified as a DBE under the following NAICS codes:
• 541330: Engineering Services
• 541618: Project and program management consulting services; Asset management consulting services; Procurement management consulting services
• 541620: Environmental Consulting Services
• 541690: Facility assessment consulting services; Dredging and material disposal related consulting services; Building and construction quality assurance management consulting services
• 541990: Construction estimation services
Hana is also certified as a federal 8(a) through the Small Business Administration. The firm participates in a mentor-protege relationship with Bay West, an environmental engineering firm based in St. Paul, MN, and is a member firm in joint ventures with Bay West and Procon Consulting. Procon is an architectural and construction management firm based in Manchester, N.H.
Hana, based in Richmond, Va., provides top-quality professional engineering, scientific, and construction management solutions. Its engineers and scientists can perform an array of geotechnical, environmental, utility, renewable energy, and other engineering/scientific services for private industry and federal, state, and local governments. Visit www.hanaengineers.com to learn more.